Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Genetic Test Results Are In...

And they are all good! They tested for Downs and Trisomy 18 last Monday and I got a call yesterday from the doctor's office and they said that the numbers that came back were "normal" and "exccellent"! Such a relief! We go back again at 16 weeks for another blood test just to double check the numbers again (standard procedure for the sequencial scan). We also went in for our regular every two week appt with Dr. G, and the sono tech confirmed for us that we did indeed have a little boy and a little girl in there! As it turns out though, the doctor at the genetics office had Baby A and Baby B switched from what my reg obgyn was called them so... Baby A is the girl and Baby B is the boy! Baby A (our little princess) has been quite active in every ultrasound, while Baby B (our precious boy) seems to be much more laid back... I wonder if this is any indication of how they will be in real life???
More good news... the babies are actually measuring further along than they are, which makes me feel soooo good! I am always concerned about their growth since I have not gained any weight - I guess they really are just taking it all! They said my cervex looked awesome - so no signs of concern for pre-term labor or plecenta previa (other issues that scare me). The babies are about 2 1/2 inches each and will probably grow another inch in the next week! It still doesn't seem real to me - maybe once I actually have a belly and can feel them it will. So excited... tomorrow will mark our first big milestone... end of the first trimester! I feel like I can breath a little easier knowing that we have made it this far complication free! Every day I stop and really thank God... I have never felt so blessed... I often feel undeserving of such amazing blessings.
In other news, I have been battling a cold/allergies for about a week now - it's awful! Coughing, sneezing, itchy watery eyes, soar throat, the works! I am hoping that it passes soon.
Now, the challenge begins on deciding on names and nursery ideas!


Baby Girl (A) - 12 weeks 5 days


Baby Boy (B) - 12 weeks 5 days

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad everything came back exellent and that you aren't having any complications. After everything you've been through to get to this point, you deserve to have a perfect pregnancy.

    I can't wait to see what you're going to do to the nursery! I hope you feel better. <3

    ReplyDelete