Friday, May 28, 2010

Belly Pics and Cribs

OK - I finally got some belly pics up here now that I actually have something to show! The belly popped out last week and now there is just no stopping it! I have gained about 3 or 4 pounds now - woo hoo - and am about 16 and a half weeks. We have a doctors appt on Tuesday and I go to have part two of the sequential scan (down syndrome test) which is just a blood test - and I will have more baby pics to share :)

So... on the nursery front, we bought our cribs and mattresses and both came in yesterday! Jason was so excited to put them together. Super pumped about the additional 10% discount credit we got when Jason went to pick up the cribs - apparently when you are having twins+ you get a multiples discount! So that saved us about $70 - gotta love that! We (and by we I mean Jason) moved everything out of the office and into the dining room, and everything in the dining room (buffet and dining table) into the kitchen (we have an eat in kitchen area). I was worried it would look too cluttered, but it looks surprisingly good! Poor Lucy doesn't have a clue what's going on! We still have some computer stuff in the new nursery, so we couldn't put the cribs side by side like it will eventually be, but we took pics of both cribs. Now if only bedding was as easy!

I also had a lunch baby shower at work today! It was very unexpected and I feel very blessed that my co-workers put it together for me :) And bonus, I didn't have to sit in front of everyone and feel awkward! We scored a nice gift card for Babies R Us, which will certainly help!

In other news, I finally felt the babies yesterday! It was just little flutterings, but I was so excited! I can't wait to really feel them move and kick. Between the cribs/nursery, baby shower, expanding belly, and flutters - this has been a very eventful week! I did have a random migraine the other day which was HORRIBLE and resulted in my first "sick" episode (at work no less) - but I guess there must have been some kind of growth spike that made my hormones go crazy, because I have been fine ever since - thank goodness - I don't know how all those women deal with morning sickness!

According to the books, the babies are both almost 5 inches long and weigh about 4 and half ounces! Can't wait for our appointment on Tuesday to see just how they are growing. I hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Weekend!


Belly Pic - 15 weeks

Belly Pic - 16 weeks

Boy Crib (baby boy's first onesie from New Orleans - thanks Gran!)

Girl Crib (baby girl's first onesie from New Orleans - thanks Gran!) - sorry it's fuzzy

Work lunch shower

3 comments:

  1. Aw...your belly is so cute! Cribs looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG check out your cute baby bump!! You are seriously too frickin cute. Hopefully we'll get to see ya'll soon.

    Oh yeah...the cribs are gorgeous <3

    ReplyDelete