Tuesday, April 27, 2010

It's a Boy... And a Girl!!!

We went in today for our genetic tests and NT scan with the perinatologist. We were hoping to find out the gender of our babies in about a week through the blood test, but... she was able to tell us with 99% certainty that we have a girl in there and she was about 95% sure that the other one was a boy! We are soooo excited! Jason was so cute - he got so exicted and squeezed my hand with unbridled joy when she said "girl" - I guess he secretely really wanted a girl and didn't know it! He's going to be such a good daddy - and  that little girl will be wrapped around his little finger :) Other great news - everything looked great and perfect on the scan! I love going to the doctor and hearing the words "great" and "perfect"- they are music to my ears! The babies decided to switch roles on us today... Baby A who is usually the show off and really active was more laid back today, and Baby B took center stage and was a little wiggle worm - those crazy kids! It was so cute - the dr. was able to get a couple shots that looked like they were looking at each other (see below). We also saw them dancin around and Baby B was opening and closing her mouth - so cool! It was really funny because, the doc asked if we wanted to know the gender, and we of course said "YES" - and she said well I can def tell you one of them (which we took to mean it was probably a boy) - but it was a GIRL! Then she said - let's see if we can see about Baby A - as she was scanning around, baby b spread his legs real big and I swear he was waving his hand around and pointing at his manly parts like he knew we were looking and he was saying "look - it's right here!" - too funny! I wish I had a video to prove it!  I can't wait until Monday when we can see the babies again and see what the sono tech at Dr. G's office thinks of their gender (last time she predicted two boys)!


So, over the weekend Jason and I went to the mall and decided to pop into a maternity store just to check out what kind of ugliness I have to look forward to and to see how much we should expect to spend on said ugly clothes. Well, they happen to have a belly suit that you can try on underneath your clothes, - so you can see what you might look like at 9 months. Wow - that was a scary glimpse into my future! Sure glad that doesn't happen overnight! Check out the pic below - too funny!


Still no weight gain yet - but I am just counting it as another blessing. I have never felt so blessed in my life! God is so great!


Baby B (girl) waving and saying "Hi Mom and Dad!"
 
Baby B (girl)
 
Baby A - our little boy :)

Babies at 11 weeks and 6 days!



Me in about 6 months! CRAZY!

2 comments:

  1. We are so excited for you guys!

    Haha...I have a very similar picture with the belly on around 12 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, God is very good! I can't even explain how excited and happy we are for you and Jason. It looks like you're getting your boy and girl:) No doubt, that little girl will have Jason wrapped around her finger. Don't worry about the "ugly" clothes, you won't wear them for long. Old Navy.com has a great selection of maternity clothes...they're fairly cheap too.

    LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures of your sweet babies! You're right, it does look like they're looking at eachother. How cute! :)

    <3

    ReplyDelete