Wednesday, September 29, 2010

34 weeks and home at last!

Gosh, where to start... well, as I mentioned before, I was put back on hospital bedrest at our Sept. 7th appointment when my cervix shrunk from 14 mm to 8mm - yikes! I was really scared - but I knew that I was in good hands. They gave me a shot of turb again which stopped the contractions. I knew that I was likely going to be in for the long haul this time -  but I was ok with that because I knew that I was in the best place possible. Unfortunetly, the menu did not change :( After three weeks of no contractions or further shortening of my cervix - Dr. G said I would get to go home! My release date wasn't free of its fair share of drama though! After our sono, in which the babies were measuring about 4 and a half+ pounds each, the sonographer detected membranes in my cervix (not exactly sure what that means) - so Dr. G did a pelvic exam to check and see if I was dialting - in which case we would be having a birthday party! All the blood rushed from my face, I felt light headed and though I was going to be sick - I look over and Jason just dropped his head and started praying - you don't really want to hear at 33 and a half weeks that you might be delivering your babies! This was the first time I've had a pelvic exam - but luckily Dr. G said that at most I was 1/2 cm dialated and that I was fine to go home. Whew! To add to the drama, Dr. G informs us that he is going on vacation next Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday - not really the news you want to hear after being told you may be delivering your babies. I have had dr. appt's with Dr. G either every week or every two weeks since March - never once has he not bene there - so these babies better not even think about making their arrival next week!
In the mean time, Jason has hooked me up at home - he is very concerned that I not have to lift a finger! He has taken almost everything out of the pantry and put it on the table so I would not have to reach for anything! He has also set up a cooler by the bed and a giant jug of water in the bathroom so I can fill up on my way to and from the bathroom! He is going to be such a great daddy! We are really starting to try and wrap our heads around the fact that we will have two babies in like 2 weeks! I will finally get to hold and love on these two little miracles that have been kicking and squirming around in there for so long!
We also finally settled on a new car after going back and forth and not finding what we wanted, blah, blah, blah... we ened up getting a 2010 Acura MDX - I'm so excited and can't wait to be able to drive it! (pic below)
The past couple sono pics weren't great  - but the sono tech always loves to take pics of the babies heads - apparently it's not very common to get a good picture of both heads - who knew?! I posted some belly pics too - warning it's a big one! I've gained a whole 29 pounds so far and I'm pretty sure it's all in the belly cause that sucker is big!

Super pumped about wheel chair shopping this weekend and finally getting all the little things we need!

Here are some pics for your enjoyment:


31 weeks


32 weeks


32 weeks


33 weeks

33 weeks


The new ride :)

1 comment:

  1. HOw beautiful - so happy for you - what a love story! YOu made it - great job! Can't wait to see the little ones - it feels like forever! GOod luck to you guys I love reading and hearing all about it.

    ReplyDelete