Thursday, January 19, 2012

Going to "School"

Well, after a lot of thought and prayer, Jason and I decided to look into enrolling the twins in an MDO program at a local church two days a week (9-2). I really struggled with this decision, but ultimately think it was the best decision for both the babies and for mommy! When we first started looking into it, we discovered that pretty much all of the mdo programs started in August or September and would not be accepting any more kiddos until the following school year - which was fine with me, I just took it as a sign that that was when the Lord wanted us to go. But, wouldn't you know, about a week later, one of the 2 mdo's that we liked called and told me that they just had a family move away and they had two children Max and Emma's age and that there was now an opening! She went on to say how incredibly rare this was, so I took it as a sign from God that this was what we should do. They had their first day of MDO on January 5th, and they both did AMAZING! Neither one of them cried at all when we dropped them off! I was most worried about how they would handle the whole nap situation, and while most of the time they do take a nap, it is always less than an hour long :( They have been taking a morning nap around 9a for a LONG time and they usually average 1.5-2 hours, so this whole 30-50 min nap business is not so great. We are trying to transition into one nap a day, but it appears that maybe we aren't quite ready yet, but we'll keep at it. My hope is that we can get them to start napping after lunch every day (around 11:30-12) and that they will sleep at least 2 hours, but for now, we will continue to give the babies a second nap around 2:30/3.
I am pretty much the world's worst mommy... I didn't get a chance to take a pic of them on their first day of school (or their second, or any of the days following) - but I am going to make a point to do it on Tuesday!
In other news... Max and Emma will be 15 months old tomorrow! I really cannot believe it has been 3 months since their bday - I mean come on, really?! It's soooo cliché, but time just goes so flippin fast! For instance, I just had my 31st bday, and when someone says something about 10 years ago, my mind immediately thinks about the 90s and high school, not college - is that weird?? Here's me 10 years ago at 21:

Candice

ahh, those were the days, the days I never had to research the best under eye concealer to hide my dark circles, wish I would have appreciated my hair at the time, little did I know that pregnancy would change my once "boring" hair - I would LOVE to hair "boring" hair again! OK enough reminicing! After breastfeeding and thyroid issues, I finally have a "balanced" body on the inside (relatively speaking) - so now it's time to get back not only my pre-pregnancy body, but my pre-fertility treatment body (you would be amazing at what those drugs can do to you). I'm not big on "resolutions", but I do have some goals that I am going to work toward, my body is just a part of me trying to be the best mom, wife, daughter, and friend that I can be. Here's to a great 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment