Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Longest 9 days of my life!

Well, we had our transfer on Monday... and the embryologist gave a picture of our little baby embryos (see photo below). Unfortunately, she told us that we did not have any viable embryos to freeze for later use :( So we kinda feel like this is our big chance, we are "putting it all on red" so to speak. Jason had to wear an awesome space suit, hat, and mask since the surgical room was very sterile. They walked me into the room and got me all strapped into the stirrups with my business there for everyone to see, and then Dr. G came in and ask us what we thought about putting 3 back instead of 2??? Uh, I'm not the doctor - you tell me? He said that there was one more good viable embryo left from the 7 that fertilized and he didn't want it to go to waste so... we have 3 little baby embryos in my uterus as we speak! The procedure was pretty painless and lasted about 10 minutes. Afterwards, I had to lay with my legs and pelvis slightly elevated for 30 minutes - but they assured me that the embryos would not fall out (even if I sneeze or laugh really hard) whew!

So now we wait... the longest 9 days of our life... until we find out our fate... pregnant or not pregnant. So in the mean time... we pray and we hope for the best.



No comments:

Post a Comment