Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Look Whoo's One!

On October 20th, Max and Emma turned the big ONE! I spend several weeks planning their party, but what proved to be an even bigger challenge was getting this house in shape for guests... WHAT A BEATING! As many of you know, we sold our house in Coppell and moved into Jason's grandmother's house in Irving, which for the most part had not been updated since it was built in 1969. I'll have to do a seperate blog entry on the transformations from our reno, which is actually on-going. Anywho... Jason and I worked around the clock, taping, plaintimg, refinishing cabinets, etc. and still didn't get everything finished in time, but what can you do?!

My parents and brothers drove in from Wimbo to help set up (my dad and brothers were literally running around screwing in faceplates an hour before the party started!) We went with an owl/pumpkin theme. I had a vision in my head and wanted to use a lot of ideas I found online, but there is just never enough time :( I needed a personal assistant! So, although things didn't come together exactly liked I had envisioned, I think it still turned out pretty good! The babies seemed to have a good time with all the family, friends and other kids there, and boy did they load up on gifts (we actually slowly dispersed the gifts over the course of several weeks). Here are some pics from the party - I wish I would have taken more of the displays and stuff - who am I kidding, I don't think I actually took any pics - next time we will def be hiring someone to take pics! (sorry about the poor quality)





































No comments:

Post a Comment