Monday, November 8, 2010

Firsts for Max & Emma

Well... the babies are a little over 2 weeks old now! They had their 2 week check up on Tuesday and both Max and Emma are growing like little weeds! Here are their stats:
Emma
Weight: 6lbs 3.4oz (5% percentile)
Height/Length: 20in (50% percentile)
Head Circumference: 35cm (30% percentile)


Max
Weight: 5lbs 15oz (3% percentile)


Height/Length: 20in (25% percentile)
Head Circumference: 34cm (10% percentile)


*keep in mind that they should still be in the womb - they will not be "term" until Nov. 11th - that's why their percentages are lower.


Emma is doing fabulous and does not need to go back until her 2 month check up! Max on the other hand will need to go back next week to check on his breathing - they suspect he may have Laryngomalacia - which means that his larynx is a little flappy, but it's not a big deal and he will grow out of it - it just makes his breathing sound a little raspy. Other than that, he's doing great!


Both babies are nursing really well! I just wish I had enough milk to feed them both without having to supplement with formula :( Hopefully more will come in with time as my body continues to heal and adjust. We even attempted tandem nursing the other day and it went really well! I'm not confident enough to try it all by myself - so for now we only try it when daddy is home. I also had a check up this week and my incision is healing perfectly - it's still a little sore and I am reluctant to have anything apply pressure on it - so I am continuing to wear the super sexy granny panties and either really high waisted pants or really low waisted pants (mostly Jason's baggy cotton pajama pants). I have about 4 or 5 pounds to loose before I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight - pretty unbelievable!


Here are some pics from Emma and Max's first bath, first dr's visit, and first Halloween :)



First car ride



 
First Dr. Appt




 
Max's first bath


he really liked getting his hair washed

all clean :)

Emma's first bath - she hated it!

she is quite vocal and will gladly let you know if she doesn't like something!

She did seem to enjoy getting her hair washed - but who doesn't!

All clean!

Max and Emma chillin on the couch

Max's first Halloween - my precious little owl
 
Emma's first Halloween - momma's little ladybug

does it get any cuter than this?!

look at me I'm "0" months old!

 Look at me I'm "0" months old!

4 comments:

  1. They are the cutest babies in the world![ I'm not prejudiced]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, you have two precious kiddos on your hands! So happy for ya'll. Glad your incision is healing well and that the babies are growing! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They'll be chunked up and in a higher percentage in no time! I remember Harper being below 5% and then like overnight, she was 10, 20 and then 50. She definitely made up for being early...well, in all ways except nursing. :( That's WONDERFUL that they are doing so well...and you too!

    I'll call you tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so cute! I am glad everyone is doing so well! Dr. Holt is Cason's doctor too---we love him!

    ReplyDelete