Sunday, March 21, 2010

Make that 2 Buns in the Oven!

It was so much fun (and exhausting) getting to tell our close friends and family over the last week! And then, we get to re-live the excitement all over again and let them know that not only are we pregnant but... WE'RE HAVING TWINS! Oh my goodness, it still hasn't sunk in yet! On Friday, we had our first sono which revealed two little sacs, and two little heartbeats! Hearing their little hearts beating was the coolest thing EVER! Like clockwork - the waterworks were a flowin! On Friday, I was officially 6 weeks and 2 days, and our little ones were measuring 6 weeks 1 day and baby b was 6 weeks 2 days - right on schedule! Baby A's heart rate was 111 bpm and baby B was 117 bpm - exactly where they should be :) We are just SO overjoyed and feel so, so blessed to get to be their parents. You pray and try for so long for just one baby - and then to get two - WOW! I think the greatest thing I heard that day was my doctor telling us that we now have a less than 5% chance for miscarriage - talk about a giant wave of relief! For some reason (I've never had one) I had this crippling fear of miscarriage - I guess that's normal though (or at least that's what I like to think). With that said, we decided we could not hold our little secret - scratch that secrets - in any longer - we had to tell people! It was so hard "lying" to our friends and family this whole time (no one except Memi knew about the 3rd cycle) - especially my mom! I called my mom on Saturday and told her that she could tell people - and no sooner did I say that did she say "Ok, I gotta go!" and the phone marathon was on! Grandmas are so cute :) We told our church group (they knew about the cycle) the big news today and I know we will certainly be continuing to lean on them for support and prayer throughout this -hopefully uneventful- pregnancy! My heart races and I get scared and a bit overwhelmed sometimes just thinking about it - TWO OF EVERYTHING! Jason better hope it's not two girls! Can you imagine... 2 American Girl dolls, two prom dresses (a year), two homecoming dresses (a year), two cars, two college funds, TWO WEDDINGS! Just breathe... we will as Tim Gunn says, "Make it work" :)



We get to go in again next Thursday for a second sono and then we are released to my regular OB (who I am very excited for Jason to meet - he's a riot). I guess we just bought our ticket for the next crazy rollercoaster journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment